It's time to register for fall 2012 courses! Priority registration began March 26th. Registration is based on number of completed credits (meaning this semester’s credits don’t count). Check the registrar’s website to find out what date you register:
As you plan your fall schedule, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Check your DARS and the schedule of classes to determine which courses you need and when/if those classes are being offered next semester
- If you are not sure how to organize your schedule, we are here to help! Make an appointment with your peer advisor and we can help you put together a schedule that balances major requirements, general education courses, and extracurriculars
- Make sure you know all of the changes to academic regulations. The changes affect general education, freshman forgiveness, the waitlist process, and many more aspects relevant to fall registration. Visit this site to learn more:http://www.american.edu/provost/undergrad/undergrad-rules-and-regulations-toc.cfm If you have any questions about the changes or would like to talk about how they apply to you, don’t hesitate to make an appointment with one of us
- Just like last semester, you must be cleared by your academic advisor prior to registration. This means you must make an appointment with your advisor prior to your registration date, and you need to bring a draft of your schedule for next fall so that your advisor can approve your course selection
- Keep an eye out for upcoming peer advising events that can help with registration. On April 5th from 8:30 pm--10 pm we will hold walk-in hours in the Perch. We also have an event on April 4th called “Lights, Camera, Action! Finding Your Perfect Major.” The event is geared towards undecided students or students looking to add a CAS major or minor. The event is also movie-themed, so there will be plenty of popcorn and candy!
Sorry for the marathon email, but it’s important that you keep these things in mind for registration. Once again, feel free to email us at CASPeerAdvisors@american.edu or make an appointment at http://www.american.edu/cas/advising/undergraduate.cfm . Good luck with registration, and hopefully we’ll see you at one of our upcoming events!